Google+ The Art of Friendly Plastic: Friendly Plastic Vintage Style Jewelry that will make you OOOHH and AHHH

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Friendly Plastic Vintage Style Jewelry that will make you OOOHH and AHHH





Im so excited to share with you Jana's latest designs! I know you'll ooohh and ahhh just as much as I did!
Jana writes:

As I emerge from my cave (Studio) I am bringing with me a few new Creations.
Believe it or not... I really do work hard. That statement is for my husband. Like most... husbands that is, his interest in my work is pretty non-existent. He questions... what are you doing in there? and then states... oh that looks nice. So if I didn't have all of you to share my interests with... it would be a really sad state of affairs for me. So... Thank-You!

Here are the fruits of my labors... well a few of them.
I have been trying to figure out a way to incorporate my FP cabochons with my huge collection of Filigree components. My Fracture and Fusion pieces never seem to work for me... too contemporary I guess. So I have been working on a new technique that seem to be a perfect fit. It is actually a combination of two different techniques. I am calling it Stone Works... for lack of a better name. You know how it is... my mind is shot and I can't seem to think of anything spectacular. But the results are pretty fabulous.
Friendly Plastic Vintage Jewelry by Jana Ewy


The cuff bracelet in thist photo, gives you an idea of what the Stone Works look like when it is not hidden in Filigree.

What I wanted to achieve was, subtle color with hints of reflective light. The outcome was this stone effect, and I think is works quite nicely. These pieces will be available in my
etsy store for the Holidays. Hope you were inspired. Filigree and FP, really do make an amazing combination.

Jana has so much to share with us - see more of her amazing work via the links below:




Jana's Book - Friendly Plastic 101 is Full of all sorts of ideas from jewelry to Home decor


1 comment:

Nadou said...

Vos bijoux sont très beaux, désolée je ne parle pas du tout l'anglais, je vais m'inscrire à votre news
Je viens juste de faire mon premier pendentif en friendly
Amitiés
Nadou

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails